Wednesday, October 29, 2008

World at War Poems


Black Hair, Dark Eyes

Blonde hair, blue eyes
Everyone here tries
to join the Extermination
Be a part of the demise

Here come the Nazis
with their totalitarian lies
You’d better start to runnin’
before they burn you to the skies

Black hair, dark eyes
Watch closely as he pries
hope from his victim’s hands
His twisted form of prize

Here come the Nazis
with their totalitarian lies
They’re taking everybody down
But for their compromise…




Burned and Barren

Early in the morning, it started
I saw the flash and felt a tremor
I cracked and shuddered, falling apart
Wildfires began to burn me away…

I knew my children were frightened
but I could do nothing as I watched
Their bodies melted to the ground
and their bones dried and blew away

A mother protective of her children
I wanted to find these cruel attackers
to seek out my revenge
But the wide-eyed villains had long since escaped…

When all had become still and quiet
I looked over the damage done to me
I was scarred, burned, and barren
Just like my children…

1 comment:

carrie said...

Wonderful poems. Visual descriptions. Shows true understanding to the events surrounding the photos. Love it, love it, love it.
70/70 points.

I am so happy that I'll have the opportunity to work with you again!